The PlantFile pro android app by PlantFile P/L is an easy-to-use plant database with over 3,000 commonly grown plant species and includes their cultivars. It is a functional real-time resource for anyone with an interest in plants from gardening enthusiasts to professional horticulturalists and designers. Once the app is loaded onto your phone you can sort or select plants by multiple criteria and name or you can scroll through the visual browser of plant images to choose just the right plant. All the plants are fully documented with accompanying photographs and pest and disease details. It is suitable for the northern and southern hemispheres and user’s metric and imperial measurements. Plants can be viewed online or downloaded locally to your phone.
Key features include
- A visual browser that allows you to scroll through the plants pictorially either in botanic or common name.
- Detailed photographs for each plant that include mature habit and botanical features. There are over 14,000 images in the database.
- Each plant has over 42 categories of essential information covering cultivation requirements and botanical features.
- All botanic names have a voice pronunciation and phonetic spelling.
- The appropriate pest and disease information is linked to the plant details.
- Name search allows you to sort plants in botanic name, common name, cultivar name and synonymous names.
- The simple search function allows you to select plants on 12 common criteria headings such as soil type, climatic zones, plant use and water usage, etc.
- The unique advanced search allows you to choose plants on any botanical feature such as leaf shapes, growth habits, flower inflorescence and fruit type, etc.
- Unlimited select plant lists can be created and can be exported to e-mail, face book all Twitter or to another PlantFile pro app.
- E-mail reports PDFs for professional presentation.
- Free upgrades of the interface and additional plants.